- Performance Center
- Playtri Store
- Adult Triathlons
- Playtri Collegiate Draft Legal Tri 3/10/13
- King Tut Triathlon 4/13/14
- Playtri Festival Races 6/1 & 6/2/13
- TollTag Triathlon 6/16/13
- Texas Stampede Triathlon 6/23/13
- McKinney Salty Dog Tri 6/23/13
- Dirty Rock Off-Road 7/21/13
- Mansfield Kiwanis Noon Club Triathlon 7/28/13
- Historic McKinney Kiwanis Triathlon 8/4/13
- Benbrook Lake Sprint Triathlon 8/11/13
- Take on the Heat 8/18/13
- Denison Red River Rampage 9/20-9/22
- Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon 9/29/13
- Youth Triathlons
- Playtri Youth F1 Draft Legal Tri 3/10/13
- Playtri Hidden Cove Kids Tri 5/18/13
- Playtri Festival F1 6/1/2013
- Town North YMCA Splash N Dash 6/9/2013
- Park Cities YMCA Adaptive Kids Splash N Dash - 6/29/13
- Park Cities YMCA Kids Triathlon - 6/30/13
- Town North YMCA Kids Triathlon - 7/28/13
- Historic McKinney Kiwanis Kids Tri 8/3/13
- Benbrook YMCA Kids Triathlon - 8/10/13
- North Texas Kids Triathlon - 9/15/13
- Playtri Kids Tri at Stonebridge Ranch 9/28/13
- Run Races
- Swim Races
- Race Sponsors
- Race Production Services
- Adult Triathlons
McKinney Salty Dog Tri
The McKinney Salty Dog Triathlon benefits the Professional Fire Fighters of McKinney's Benevolence Fund. This First Annual Event will be held in the Historic East side of McKinney, come out and support the brave men whose public service is second to none.
Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 7:00am. Transition will open at 5:30am
Juanita Maxfield Aquatic Center
1701 N McDonald Street
- Swim - 275 meter pool swim
- Bike - 14 miles
- Run - 3.1 miles
Course Notes: The swim is a pool swim at the Juanita Maxfield Aquatic Center. The bike ride will head thru East McKinney on good concrete roads out to the scenic New Hope Loop with a few rollers and back. The run will be on secure paths through east McKinney. Aid stations will be located approximately every 1 mile. Each aid station is equipped with water.
No Refunds or Transfers allowed.
FREE Beginners Clinic
Friday, June 21st, join Coach Bryan for a First Timers clinic at the Playtri North Store at 6pm. Please RSVP at email@example.com.
FREE Pre-Race Clinic
Join Playtri's USAT certified Coach Gerald Jackson on June 22nd at 12:00PM at race site for a free pre-race clinic including course review, transition tips, race strategy, and of course Q&A! Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Coach Consultation
Pre-register by Wednesday June 19th at email@example.com and get a 30 minute Consultation with a Playtri Coach free during packet pickup hours at the Playtri Store only. This is your opportunity to meet with a Playtri Coach and get advice on any topic. A schedule will be sent out to registrants a week prior to pick a time slot.
Packet Pick Up / Late Registration
Thursday, June 20th 4:00pm-7:00pm
Playtri Store - 214-370-9010
6465 E Mockingbird Lane, Ste. 350
Dallas, TX 75218
Friday, June 21st from 11:00am-7:00pm
7951 Collin McKinney Pkwy (Corner of Weiskopf Ave & Collin David North)
McKinney, TX 75070
Saturday, June 22nd from 12:30pm-4:30pm
McKinney Fire Department Museum
301 N. McDonald Street
McKinney, TX 75069
Race Day packet pick up is available for an additional $10 fee, cash or check, paid on race morning. All packets must be picked up no later than 6:00am race morning at the race site.
There is no race day registration. Note: No refunds given to those participants who have not picked up their packets.
The McKinney Salty Dog Triathlon is a USAT sanctioned event. All participants must be a current annual member of USAT or purchase a one day permit for $12 or $45 annual membership through online registration or at packet pick up.
All established USAT rules will be in effect and will be strictly enforced. You must show your USAT member card and your photo ID at packet pick up - no exceptions. Friends and family will not be allowed to pick up anyone's packet. If you are an annual USAT member and do not bring your member card to packet pick up, you must buy a $12 one day membership or a $45 annual membership
Athena and Clydesdale Rule Change - 3.2 Age Group Competition
- a. All age group athletes must participate and compete in the age group division corresponding to the athlete's age on December 31 of the year of the event.
- b. Weight Class Division - In events where a weight class division is offered, the minimum weight shall be 220 pounds for men and 165 pounds for women, monitored by the event organizer. The weight class age categories for men and women shall be 39 years of age and under and 40 years of age and over. Participants are not eligible to compete in a weight class division and in an age group division at the same event.
Holiday Inn & Suites
3220 Craig Drive
McKinney, TX 75070
Participants will receive a rate of $85.00 + tax, use the code "Playtri" when booking.
Get a 5% Playtri Discount when renting a car Click Here
Awards and Amenities
Top Overall Masters and Grand Masters male and female.
Age Group / Weight Class awards will be 3 deep for both Male and Female.
Relay Team awards will be for top 3 overall relays.
Top 3 Male/Female Fire/EMT/Police Category (all participants must be Fire/EMT/Police)
Overall Fire/EMT/Police Relay Winner will receive a special prize package totaling over $200 donated by McKinney Gym Equipment. (all participants must be Fire/EMT/Police)
Sponsors of the Professional Fire Fighters of McKinney
Special Thanks to:
Run On of McKinney and their Gift Card Donations.
Dr. Alice Tang, Emergency Physician at Baylor Hospital of McKinney and her financial contribution.
Dr. Fagan at Baylor Hospital of McKinney and his financial contribution.
Race Updates and Reminders
All last-minute updates and reminders will be posted on the Playtri Facebook page - please like us on Facebook so you get all the up-to-date information!
Proceeds will be donated to the Professional Fire Fighters of McKinney's Benevolence Fund.
Many volunteers from numerous North Texas civic organizations are committed to make your race a safe and memorable experience.
Chip Timing by Run-Far
This is a chip timed event. Each participant will be required to wear a timing chip in order to be counted in the results. Timing chips are assigned to participants according to bib number. Please pick up your timing chip the morning of the race at the chip timing station beginning an hour before race start. ALL TIMING CHIPS SHOULD BE RETURNED AFTER YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE. A $30.00 fee will be charged to the participant if the timing chip is not returned. Awards are based on chip times.
If you are interested in being a volunteer for this race please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, email us at email@example.com or call us at (214) 697-6922.
By Registering for this event, Ali Zaher Enterprises LLC, has consent to all Race photography and videos from the event to use in any advertising, marketing & promotional materials